Wednesday, April 2, 2008

It's Pat!

I saw this video on MTV this morning. Initial reaction: err... man or woman!? I've watched the video a few times, and I'm still not sure. So I'll tackle both sides of the issue.

- A note to androgynous men: if you kind of look like a girl already, dark eyeshadow and long hair may not be in your best interests.

- A note to androgynous women: if you already have some masculine features, wearing men's clothing and singing in a deep voice is a big mistake.

I'm not sure which is the case with the lead singer of this band, but I remain quite scared of this androgynous something-or-other. Blurring of gender lines is not something I'm used to in this wonderfully homophobic nation of ours, so I find myself ill-prepared to deal with this situation. I suggest this guy/girl choose one and stick with it. I don't think anyone would be able to prove him/her wrong either way...

No comments: